Entradas Populares

domingo, 22 de mayo de 2016

Dèjá Vu

Our poetry teacher gave us the task to write a poem based on three subjects with a minimum of 12 lines. I tried to write the poem in the format of "Coming Home".

 My senses turn dull,
 While I stroll through the halls,
 Of my beautiful house
 Turning into dust.

 With my eyes I see
 Vivid memories in pictures,
 As I prepare a cup of tea,
 For my peevish, little sister.

 I can hear my mother,
 Cooking at the kitchen.
 The smoke covers all the windows,
 Like a nuclear winter.

 My father isn't here,
 He is wearing off his body,
 Trying to beat life,
 For some miserable money.

 I like to stay at my room,
 Because it helps me kill time,
 It helps me bloom,
 It helps me unwind.

 I wash my face,
 To escape from this cruel world,
 To blur my senses,
 That don't let me stay afloat.


5 comentarios:

  1. Awesome work Valentín!
    This poem is sooooo good!
    You´ve made great use of vocabulary and rhyme. The images and metaphors you´ve created are really something of your own.
    It´s been a pleasure to read you.

    10 (ten)

    ResponderBorrar